TAURASI RISERVA 2008
- GRAPES Aglianico 100%
- VINEYARD LOCATION Loc. Case d'Alto in Taurasi (AV) south-west lat. 41.00493 long. 14.974664
- TYPE OF SOIL Strong presence of minerals , and in some areas calcareous silty clay, rich in humus .
- PORTAINNESTO su vite americana
- ALTIMETRY 350-400 mt s./l.
- TYPE OF GROWING Starseto
- NUMBERS OF PLANTS 3333 stumps/ha
- YIELD 20-30 q.li/ha
- YIELD GRAPES / WINE 60 %
- PRODUCTION 1000 bottLles
- FOOD PAIRING It 's definitely a wine to pair with red meat , and winter dishes typical of mountain cuisine . Great in combination with hard cheese , or enjoyed in solitary even between meals . It should be served , decanted , for the possible presence of light deposits due to the absence of filtration and stabilization , at the room temperature of 18-20°
- CHEMICAL ANALYSIS Alcool svolto: 14,57%
Acidità totale: 5,74 g/l
Estratto secco: 31,90 g/l
- PRICE € 50,00
- GRAPES DESCRIPTION The grapes come from vineyards that remained unharmed by phylloxera and with some centenarians plants that characterize the uniqueness . The grape has clusters of medium size with square shape and spherical grains of very intense color , with pulp rich in minerals and sugar ( 23-25 % ) , thin skins with high concentration of anthocyanins and tannins
- VINTAGE FORECAST 2008 was hot and dry but with good temperature during the summer .
- WINE PRODUCTION The grapes are harvested by hand , they were immediately transported to the cellar in boxes of 18-20 kg , destemmed and vinified with maceration at temperature increasing from 5 to 28 ° C for about 12-18 days . After the first racking , the wine is stored in oak barrels Canadian lightly roasted capacity of 225 lt . After about 24 months of aging it is the bottling occurred without the aid of filtration.
- TASTING Color is a strong ruby red with leaps of garnet consistent and not too much trasparent. Bouquet is a rich fragrance and lingering with hints of ripe red fruits, with an armonic fragrance that starts with spices and ends with woodlands. Taste is heavy, with lingering and armonic tannins,freshness gives to the wine vivacity despite his age , and guarantees its longevity